Mon-Fri | 9:00-4:00 — Chapman Learning Commons Online Assistants are trained peers ready to help answer your questions about academic support and UBC learning technologies (such as Canvas, Collaborate Ultra, Zoom, and more).
These are emerging questions and answers related to COVID-19 impacts and commonly used learning technologies at UBC. Note that these learning technologies have all passed a UBC Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA), which closely examines how personal information is handled by the technology and vendor.
- General: Many frequently asked questions for students are addressed around teaching and learning, facilities and services, events and graduation, and travel on the main UBC COVID-19 site.
- International students: Questions about immigration and health insurance are answered on the UBC International Student Advising FAQ page.
- For UBC Okanagan students: Check out the International Programs and Services FAQ.
- Student services: Changes to student services across the university are summarized on the UBC Student Services page.
- For UBC Okanagan students: Visit the UBCO Student Services site.
- Questions about awards, loans, and tuition are answered on the UBC Student Services page.
- For UBC Okanagan students: Find financial assistance information on the UBCO Student Services COVID-19 page.
- How can I find out if I qualify for financial assistance?
- If you’re experiencing financial distress, you can schedule a confidential advising appointment with a UBC Vancouver Enrolment Services Advisor (1 877 272 1422). Together, you can review what resources are available based on your individual situation. You may be able to get help with:
- Job loss
- Living costs
- Travel costs to get home
- Food security
- Barriers to accessing online classes and exams
- Medical issues
- Health services
In addition, Enrolment Service Advisors can help you create a financial plan.
For UBC Okanagan students: Schedule a confidential appointment with a Student Services representative by email at email@example.com or by phone at 250 807 9100 (toll-free 1 866 596 0767).
You can also explore the questions and answers about government financial support for COVID-19 from UBC's Alma Mater Society (AMS).
- Academic – Reach academic advisors, accessibility advisors & tutoring options
- Financial – Connect with Enrolment Services advisors
- Technology – Contact UBC IT, Collaborate Ultra, and Proctorio
- Wellness – Find counselling services, medical appointments & sexual violence support
Mon-Fri | 9:00-4:00 — Chapman Learning Commons Online Assistants are trained peers ready to help answer your questions about academic support and UBC learning technologies (such as Canvas, Collaborate Ultra, Zoom, and more). Ask questions live or by email.