Questions? Ask us! | Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. | Sat-Sun 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. — Chapman Learning Commons Assistants are trained peers ready to help answer your questions about academic support and UBC learning technologies, such as Canvas and Zoom.
Your instructors and teaching assistants are your first contact point for questions about content, grades, or other course-specific issues. For support with broader academic questions, overcoming disability challenges, or tutoring, read on below.
For general academic questions about topics like program planning, degree requirements, or academic concessions, reach out to a UBCV academic advisor or a UBCO academic advisor knowledgeable about your specific program.
If you have a disability or a specific challenge which makes learning more difficult, contact the UBC Vancouver Centre for Accessibility at email@example.com or the UBC Okanagan Disability Resource Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning skills workshops
The Chapman Learning Commons offers a variety of learning skills workshops specific to the online context. View and register for learning skills workshops to receive the link for attending online.
Tutoring, coaching, and self-improvement resources
The UBC Vancouver Centre for Writing and Scholarly Communication supports academic, creative, professional, and technical writing for undergraduates, graduates, and postdoctoral fellows.
UBC Okanagan Student Learning Hub
For UBC Okanagan students, the UBCO Student Learning Hub is your one-stop-shop for academic learning support.
- Book one-on-one tutoring appointments for writing, French and Spanish, English language development, and learning strategist support.
- Receive academic tutoring in math, sciences, and more.
If you’re experiencing financial hardship, you can schedule a confidential virtual appointment.
- For UBC Vancouver, contact an Enrolment Services Advisor at 604 822 9836 or toll-free 1 877 272 1422. If you already have an advisor, you can also reach out by email.
- For UBC Okanagan, call 250 807 9100 or email email@example.com.
UBC student tool guides
For self-help and FAQ, refer to the UBC student tool guides:
- Canvas student guide
- Crowdmark student guide
- Gradescope student guide
- iClicker Cloud student guide
- Library Online Course Reserves (LOCR) student guide
- LockDown Browser student guide
- Microsoft OneDrive student guide
- Microsoft Teams student guide
- peerScholar student guide
- Proctorio student guide
- UBC Blogs student guide
- Webwork student guide
- Zoom student guide
UBC technical support contacts
If you still have trouble accessing a learning technology:
- For UBC Vancouver, contact the IT Service Centre Help Desk: 604 822 2008 or fill out the ITSC web form.
- For UBC Okanagan, contact the Student System Analyst who supports UBCO students with technical assistance including learning technologies, system access, accounts, and software. Students can enter a ticket for support, book appointments, or ask questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
UBC has a range of services and supports designed for your wellbeing. The UBC Student Health and Wellbeing website contains up-to-date information on services, events, and programming.
If you’re feeling persistently stressed, anxious, or sad:
- For UBC Vancouver call UBCV Counselling Services at 604 822 3811.
- For UBC Okanagan, call UBCO Counselling Services at 250 807 9270 or email email@example.com.
If counselling services appointments are full for the day or you need 24/7 support:
- Reach out to the UBC Student Assistance Program, a confidential counselling and coaching service that’s free for all UBC students, at 1 833 590 1328 (toll-free inside North America) or 1 604 757 9734 (outside North America).
- Contact Here2Talk, a counselling and referral service for post-secondary students, particularly those outside North America.
If you’re concerned about a classmate or friend who hasn’t participated or engaged lately:
- Reach out to let them know you’re concerned about them.
- In a course context, notify your instructor of your concern.
- If you’re worried the person may be thinking of harming themselves, contact crisis support.
If you’re having health issues:
- For UBC Vancouver, the Student Health Service is booking medical appointments by phone at 604 822 7011 or you can book online.
- For UBC Okanagan, contact Health and Wellness at 250 807 9270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclusion and human rights
For resources and issues related to diversity and inclusion:
- For UBC Vancouver, the Equity and Inclusion Office is available to help at email@example.com.
- If you have concerns related to human rights, call 604 822 0309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For UBC Okanagan, contact the UBCO Equity and Inclusion office at 250 807 9291 or email email@example.com.
Sexual violence support
If you’ve experienced sexual violence:
- For UBC Vancouver, the Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office is here to help at 604 822 1588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For UBC Okanagan, contact the UBCO Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office at 250 807 9640 or email email@example.com for general inquiries or to schedule a session.