Mon-Fri 11:00-5:00 | Sat 12:00-4:00 — Chapman Learning Commons Online Assistants are trained peers ready to help answer your questions about academic support and UBC learning technologies (such as Canvas, Zoom, and more).
Your instructors and teaching assistants are your first contact point for questions about content, grades, or other course-specific issues. For support with broader academic questions, overcoming disability challenges, or tutoring, read on below.
For general academic questions about topics like program planning, degree requirements, or academic concessions, reach out to a UBCV academic advisor or a UBCO academic advisor knowledgeable about your specific program.
If you have a disability or a specific challenge which makes learning more difficult, contact the UBC Vancouver Centre for Accessibility at email@example.com or the UBC Okanagan Disability Resource Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exam Jam 2021
We know that final exam season can be a difficult time, and you may feel anxious, overwhelmed, and stressed. But have no fear, Exam Jam is here! This all-day, virtual event aims to help you de-stress, manage your time, develop productive study habits, and learn your course content.
Join us online Thursday, April 15th in the Exam Jam Canvas course, where peers and pros will lead online sessions to support you. From time management and live tech support to peer study sessions and essay exam workshops, Exam Jam has something for everyone! Register for Exam Jam by enrolling in the Canvas course today.
Tutoring, coaching, and self-improvement resources
The UBC Vancouver Centre for Writing and Scholarly Communication supports academic, creative, professional, and technical writing for undergraduates, graduates, and postdoctoral fellows.
- Book one-on-one appointments with a peer consultant
- Join an Online Writing Community
- Access other writing resources
UBC Okanagan Student Learning Hub
For UBC Okanagan students, the UBCO Student Learning Hub is your one-stop-shop for academic learning support.
- Book one-on-one tutoring appointments for writing, French and Spanish, English language development, and study skills support.
- Pop in for online drop-in math and science tutoring.
If you’re experiencing financial hardship, you can schedule a confidential virtual appointment.
- For UBC Vancouver, contact an Enrolment Services Advisor: 604 822 9836 or toll-free 1 877 272 1422.
- If you already have an advisor, you can also reach out by email.
- For UBC Okanagan, call 250 807 9100 or toll-free 1 866 596 0767 or email email@example.com.
For self-help, refer to the UBC student application guides:
- Canvas student guide
- Crowdmark student guide
- Gradescope student guide
- iClicker Cloud student guide
- Library Online Course Reserves (LOCR) student guide
- LockDown Browser student guide
- Microsoft OneDrive student guide
- Microsoft Teams student guide
- Proctorio student guide
- UBC Blogs student guide
- Webwork student guide
- Zoom student guide
If you still have trouble accessing a learning technology:
- For UBC Vancouver, contact the IT Service Centre Help Desk: 604 822 2008 or fill out the ITSC web form.
- For UBC Okanagan, contact an Online Learning Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org for personalized online learning support.
Application vendor support
Proctorio also offers technical support:
- Call 1 866 948 9087 or email email@example.com.
- Inside an active exam, access live chat by clicking the shield icon located in the browser address bar, then clicking Live Chat.
UBC has a range of services and supports designed for your wellbeing. The UBC Student Health and Wellbeing website contains up-to-date information on services, events, and programming.
If you’re feeling persistently stressed, anxious, or sad:
- For UBC Vancouver call UBCV Counselling Services for virtual appointments: 604 822 3811.
- For UBC Okanagan, contact UBCO Counselling Services: 250 807 9270.
If counselling services appointments are full for the day or you need 24/7 support:
- Reach out to the UBC Student Assistance Program, a confidential counselling and coaching service that’s free for all UBC students: 1 833 590 1328 (toll-free inside North America) or 1 604 757 9734 (outside North America).
- Contact Here2Talk, a counselling and referral service for post-secondary students, particularly those outside North America.
If you’re concerned about a classmate or friend who hasn’t participated or engaged lately:
- Reach out to let them know you’re concerned about them.
- In a course context, notify your instructor of your concern.
- If you’re worried the person may be thinking of harming themselves, contact crisis support.
If you’re having health issues:
- For UBC Vancouver, the Student Health Service is booking virtual medical appointments: 604 822 7011 or book online.
- For UBC Okanagan, contact Health and Wellness: 250 807 9270.
Inclusion and human rights
For resources and issues related to diversity and inclusion:
- For UBC Vancouver, the Equity and Inclusion Office is available to help: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have concerns related to human rights, call 604 822 0309 or email email@example.com.
- For UBC Okanagan, contact the UBCO Equity and Inclusion office: 250 807 9291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sexual violence support
If you’ve experienced sexual violence:
- For UBC Vancouver, the Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office is here to help: 604 822 1588 or email email@example.com.
- For UBC Okanagan, contact the UBCO Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office: 250 807 9640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for general inquiries or to schedule a virtual session.